Groups Restrict Categories

Guidelines & Rules

Before you request support: Please read the documentation Search – many questions have already been answered, searching the site can give you immediate results. If you have not found an answer to your question, please post it in the appropriate section. Submitting a topic Be concise and precise: post one topic per single issue or […]

Continue Reading

Update package not available

Hi Guys Tried to update from v2.4 to v2.5 today and got this message. “An error occurred while updating Groups Restrict Categories: Update package not available.” I have a valid key. I also tried downloading from “My Account” but it only downloads v2.2 Any ideas?

Continue Reading

Restrict category content only in template parts

Hello, currently the categories plugin applies a restriction rule at a global level, so it disables all the publications of a category. Is it possible to restrict categories but at the level of template parts? Header: Public Title Post 1 Main or template parts: Blocked content Post 1 Footer: Public footer Post 1 or something […]

Continue Reading

Groups Restrict Categories breaks Yoast

After going in and “one by one” disabling all plugins individually and re-testing, we have found this plugin is breaking the Yoast edit area. The primary errors are in web dev tools are as such: Uncaught TypeError: wp.data.select(…) is null Are you aware of this error and can provide a fix? We are using Version […]

Continue Reading

Restrict Categories is conflict with Rank Math Pro

I have reached out to Rank Math Pro with an issue their admin accordion fail to open, they pointed to a plugin conflict, I have since been enabling and disabling plugins only to find the latest version of Group Restrict Categories is the culprit. When this plugin is enabled I’m getting the following console errors: […]

Continue Reading

Support for multiple categories or – again

Hi, I would like to add my support to existing requests for support of Multiple Categories – via OR logic rather than AND logic as it is at present. ( https://www.itthinx.com/topic/multiple-categories/, https://www.itthinx.com/topic/restricting-multiple-categories/, https://www.itthinx.com/topic/woocommerce-issues-with-multiple-categories-groups/ – and others). I note that you have agreed this should become a feature – is there any progress/date yet, please? I […]

Continue Reading

404 Redirect don’t work on categories

Hi, I installed the Groups 404 Redirect next to the Groups Redirect Categories and it isn’t redirecting to the new page I setup once I enter a blocked category, it still shows the original 404 message. On the other side this does works on the posts. I already checked the “Redirect restricted categories, tags and […]

Continue Reading

Plugin not working

I just purchased and installed this plugin – I thought it would be easy and straightforward, but it just doesn’t work. I have set a group read-only on a category and attached the category to a post. Then even users part of the group cannot view the post. I confirm the group, category, and restriction […]

Continue Reading

Error when accessing Category

Hi, i just installed the restrict categories y assigned a group to the category but when i enter a restricted category even if i have access or not i get this: [unknown column ‘cpt_onomy_tt1.term_taxonomy_id’ in ‘where clause’] select sql_calc_found_rows wp_qn0n08wvbq_posts.id from wp_qn0n08wvbq_posts where 1=1 and wp_qn0n08wvbq_posts.post_type = ‘post’ and (wp_qn0n08wvbq_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ or wp_qn0n08wvbq_posts.post_status = […]

Continue Reading

How to bypass restriction

Hi, I booth the restrictions categories and works perfectly. But due to some requirements I need to bypass this logic in some scenarios (incoming ip, code in the url o stuff like that). Is there any method that allows me to bypass the restrictions? That way I could validate this rare scenarios and if positive […]

Continue Reading
We use cookies to optimize your experience on our site and assume you're OK with that if you stay.
OK, hide this message.

Affiliates · Contact · Jobs · Terms & Conditions · Privacy Policy · Documentation · Downloads · Useful Plugins · My Account