- See all related Premium Extensions for Groups in our shop.
- Groups Drip Content is used to release content on a schedule. Content dripping can be based on user account creation, group memberships and specific dates and times.
- Groups Restrict Categories features access restrictions for categories, tags and other WordPress taxonomies, including support for custom post types and taxonomies.
- Groups WooCommerce Sell Memberships with Groups and WooCommerce. Groups WooCommerce grants memberships based on products. It automatically assigns a customer to one or more groups based on the products ordered. Use any payment gateway that is supported by WooCommerce, including PayPal, Stripe and many others. Groups WooCommerce also integrates with WooCommerce Subscriptions for a highly flexible membership solution.
- WooCommerce Group Coupons This extension for WooCommerce uses Groups and WordPress roles to limit the validity of coupons.
- WooCommerce Product Search is the essential extension for every WooCommerce store. It provides the best Search Engine and Search Experience for WooCommerce and is compatible with Groups and its access restrictions on products.
- Groups Import Export provides import and export facilities for Groups. Users can be imported and assigned to groups, users can be exported in bulk.
- Groups 404 Redirect allows to redirect visits to pages that are protected by Groups.
- Groups Blog Protect restricts access to blogs based on group membership.
- Groups File Access Groups File Access is an extension that allows to provide file download links for authorized users. Access to files is restricted to users by their group membership.
- Groups Forums provides a powerful and yet light-weight forum system for WordPress sites.
- Groups Gravity Forms allows to add users to groups automatically, based on form submissions.
- Groups Newsletters helps you to communicate efficiently, providing targeted information to groups of recipients through automated campaigns.
- Groups Notifications allows to send automatic notifications to group members and the site administrator.
- Groups Restrict Comments Pro This extension for Groups allows to restrict who can post or read comments based on a user’s group membership.
- WooCommerce Groups Newsletters The WooCommerce Groups Newsletters extension lets customers subscribe to newsletters at checkout.
- Supports an unlimited number of groups
- Provides a Registered group which is automatically maintained
- Users can be assigned to any group
- Users are added automatically to the Registered group
- Supports group hierarchies with capability inheritance
- Integrates standard WordPress capabilities which can be assigned to groups and users
- Supports custom capabilities: allows to define new capabilities for usage in plugins and web applications
- Users inherit capabilities of the groups they belong to
- Groups inherit capabilities of their parent groups
- Built-in access control that allows to restrict access to posts, pages and custom content types to specific groups and users only
- control access to content by groups: shortcodes allow to control who can access content on posts, show parts to members of certain groups or to those who are not members Shortcodes: [groups_member], [groups_non_member]
- control access to content by capabilities: show (or do not show) content to users who have certain capabilities Shortcodes: [groups_can], [groups_can_not]
Easy user interface
- integrates nicely with the standard WordPress Users menu
- provides an intuitive Groups menu
- conceptually clean views showing the essentials
- quick filters
- bulk-actions where needed, for example apply capabilities to groups, bulk-add users to groups, bulk-remove users from groups
- administrator overrides can be turned off
- optional tree view for groups can be shown only when needed
- provides its own set of permissions
- cleans up after testing with a “delete all plugin data” option
- Solid and sound data-model with a complete API that allows developers to create group-oriented web applications and plugins
- All features are supported independently for each blog in multisite installations
Your opinion counts
You & Groups
Beta-testers and developers who need to integrate group-based features in their plugins and web applications: please use it and provide your feedback.
Feedback is welcome!
If you need help, have problems, want to leave feedback or want to provide constructive criticism, please do so here at the Groups plugin page.
Please try to solve problems there before you rate this plugin or say it doesn’t work. There goes a lot of work into providing you with free quality plugins! Please appreciate that and help with your feedback. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter for updates on this and other plugins.
Content Access Control
Access restrictions on posts
On posts an pages (and custom content types) a new meta box titles Access restrictions appears. By checking Enforce read access, you can restrict access to the post to groups and users who have the groups_read_post capability. You need to assign this capability to a group and make users members of that group to allow them to see those posts.
Content visibility for members and non-members
The [groups_member] and [groups_non_member] shortcodes are used to limit visibility of content to users who are members of a group or users who are not members of a group. Multiple comma-separated groups can be specified.
Example: Limiting visibility of enclosed content to registered users.
Only registered users can see this text.
Content visibility based on capabilities
The [groups_can] and [groups_can_not] shortcodes limit visibility of enclosed content to those users who have the capability or those who do not have it. Multiple capabilities can be given.
Example: Showing enclosed content to users who can edit_posts (standard WordPress capability).
You can see this only if you have the edit_posts capability.
Integration in the ‘Users’ menu:
Users – group membership is managed from the standard Users admin view. Users are automatically added to the Registered group. You can add multiple users to other groups here and also remove them.
Sections in the ‘Groups’ menu:
Here you can:
- add groups
- remove groups
- assign capabilities to groups
This is where you add, remove and manage capabilities.
Capabilities can be assigned to groups and users (1). These capabilities include the standard WordPress capabilities but you can also define additional capabilities for your web-application.
(1) Assigning capabilities to users is not integrated in the user interface yet but can be done through API calls.
Administrator override :
Administrator overrides can be turned off.
For each role these permissions can be set:
- Access Groups: see information related to Groups.
- Administer Groups: complete control over everything related to Groups.
- Administer Groups plugin options: grants access to make changes on the Groups > Options admin section.
Testing the plugin :
A convenient option is provided to delete all data that has been stored by the Groups plugin. This option is useful if you just need to start from fresh after you have been testing the plugin.
Please visit the documentation page on shortcodes for up-to-date information: Groups Shortcodes
Download the Groups plugin on WordPress.