404 Redirect don’t work on categories

Hi,
I installed the Groups 404 Redirect next to the Groups Redirect Categories and it isn’t redirecting to the new page I setup once I enter a blocked category, it still shows the original 404 message. On the other side this does works on the posts.
I already checked the “Redirect restricted categories, tags and taxonomy terms” checkbox and Groups, Groups R and Groups 404 are on the latest versions.
Please advice

3 Responses to 404 Redirect don’t work on categories

1. George July 28, 2021 at 7:03 am #

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the follow-up.

The response for this request is normal if the category is restricted from public access and since you’re using basic rules in .htaccess, then it would be better to debug your installation.
    Once you enable WP debugging check if anything is logged in debug.log file and then start disabling your plugins one-by-one apart from the Groups plugin and its addons until you reach the conflicting one. Something similar you should try for the active theme, switch to a different theme temporary and check once more if the redirect is successful.
    Regarding caching and during the debugging process you should disable any sort of caching both as a plugin and as a webserver service that might be serving cached content or if it’s applying any sort of redirecting functionality.

Kind regards,
    George

2. Roberto Quispe July 23, 2021 at 2:56 pm #

Hi George,
    I get this in the console GET https://sim.macroconsult.pe/category/analisis-politico-por-501/ 404 (Not Found)

About the .htaccess is a basic one : RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule .* – [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

3. George July 23, 2021 at 9:50 am #

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for using our content restriction plugin on your site, much appreciated.

Can you please check with your browser developer tools what happens when you try to visit the restricted category without privileges?

The browser tools are accessible if you right click anywhere on a webpage and then click on Inspect. Afterwards go to Network tab and check what happens if you try to visit the category.

Furthermore also make sure to check if you’re using custom redirects or specific rules for categories in your .htaccess file that might be conflicting with the plugin’s redirect.

Kind regards,
    George

We use cookies to optimize your experience on our site and assume you're OK with that if you stay.
OK, hide this message.

Affiliates · Contact · Jobs · Terms & Conditions · Privacy Policy · Documentation · Downloads · Useful Plugins · My Account