Decent Comments shows what people say.
If you want to show comments along with their author’s avatars and an excerpt of their comment, then this is the right plugin for you.
And it’s not limited to just a widget showing recent comments: The plugin provides configurable widgets, shortcodes and an API to display comments in sensible ways, including author avatars, links, comment excerpts …
Anywhere you place comments, by means of a widget, a shortcode or an API call, you can:
- Show an excerpt or the full comment. You can choose to not show the comment as well.
- Determine the number of words shown for excerpts.
- Set your kind of ellipsis.
- Set the number of comments to show.
- Show the author’s avatar and determine it’s size.
- Sort by author email, author URL, content (what’s said in the comment), date, karma or post … in ascending or descending order.
- Show comments for the current post or for a specific post.
- Show comments for posts in specific categories, for specific tags, … (more precisely: the ability to show comments from posts related to one or more terms in a chosen taxonomy).
- and more …
Feedback is welcome! If you need help, have problems, want to leave feedback or want to provide constructive criticism, please leave a comment.
Please try to solve problems before you rate this plugin or say it doesn’t work. There goes a lot of work into providing you with free quality plugins! Please appreciate that and help with your feedback. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter for updates on this and other plugins.