WooCommerce Product Search

Enhanced Product Search for WooCommerce

The WooCommerce Product Search extension brings Search Relevance and Instant Search Results to WooCommerce. The extension helps to improve and control the relevance of products in search results and adds facilities that supply instant results helping visitors to find products faster.

Instant Search Form

Key Features

Introducing Search Weights for WooCommerce

Introducing Search Weights for WooCommerce

• Increase Sales with Relevant Results
  • Instant Search Results
  • Search Weights based on Keyword Matches
  • Product and Category Search Weights
  • Shortcodes, Widgets and Template API

Demo

Please visit the live demo to try it out.

Documentation

The documentation for this extension is here.

Download

This extension for WooCommerce is available on WooThemes WooCommerce Product Search extension.

119 Responses to WooCommerce Product Search

1. Luke Cavanagh October 13, 2014 at 4:08 pm #

Really impressive instant search results plugin. I also like the ability to go in an add search weight on products so that they show first in the search results.

• kento October 15, 2014 at 11:56 am #

Many thanks for your kind comment Luke, great to see this is already being put to good use 🙂

2. Geekay November 12, 2014 at 6:38 pm #

Demo is not working…

3. Bas February 18, 2015 at 10:14 am #

The demo looks and works great.

I like to show the price of the products as well in the results. And change the general appearance a bit. Can this (easily) be achieved, either by a template or in the code?

• kento February 19, 2015 at 9:07 pm #

Thanks Bas 🙂

Great suggestion, I’d be happy to include it but can’t promise on a schedule so I’ll point you to where you can adjust the code to achieve it: line 435 in core/class-woocommerce-product-search-service.php assigns the description and you could append the price there.

4. Bas February 24, 2015 at 11:44 am #

Hi Kento,

Thank you for the directions on including the price in the shown results. I managed to get that working.

On my suggestion my client has bought a license for your Woocommerce Product Search plugin yesterday. It is everything we need expect that it needs to respond faster. Our shop has around 1200 products with product descriptions of all together 150 words.

It takes around 3 seconds to get a json respons if I make a direct call to “/core/product-search.php”. We need to reduce that time to make this usefull for our site.

The “/core/product-search.php” also has an overhead loading time of more than a second before any actual searching is done. I oberved that by aborting the script just after the wp-load.php section.

Do you have any suggestions.

With kind regards,
    Bas

Bug report:
    line 121 class-woocommerce-product-search-service.php says:
    $where .= sprintf( ” OR ( $wpdb->posts.ID IN (%s) ) “, $posts_id_in );
    probably changed to:
    $where .= sprintf( ” AND ( $wpdb->posts.ID IN (%s) ) “, $posts_id_in );

Without that change the search results within a category contain products that don’t belong there.

• kento February 25, 2015 at 7:04 pm #

Hi Bas,

What caching mechanism do you have in place on the site please?

Regarding your suggestion to change the query to a conjunctive one, that would not lead to the desired results as it implies reducing the results which is not how it is intended to behave.

Can you please give an example search on your site to see the results you get?

• Bas March 3, 2015 at 1:55 pm #

Hi Kento,

Have you had by any chance found anything by the demo link i send you?

Regards,
        Bas

• kento March 9, 2015 at 7:42 pm #

Hi Bas, I’m currently looking into it … can you provide admin access to support at itthinx dot com to have a look at your product setup? Please include a link to this conversation so we know what the access is for.

5. Bas February 26, 2015 at 11:03 am #

Hi Kento,

Thanks for the reply.

You find a search box in the contect area of the following page:
    This is your out of the box product search. No tweaking of code taking place there.

Look for “fender” and the results start to show after a few seconds.
    The caching system in place is Redis. Varnis is at our disposal but not yet configured.

Regarding the bug. Again look for Fender and choose the suggested link for “Search in Multi-Effect” which leads to:

While the correct results should be much less in number:

I have a test version running where I subsituted OR for AND and than the results look better. I guess “Category”-searches should reduce the results and there for the restriction by AND.

I hope you find an opportunity to help is out.

Regards,
    Bas

• kento March 12, 2015 at 7:03 pm #

Hi Bas,

In case you’re interested to know and if it helps anyone else, the plugin provided the correct search results. The results it was showing came up because all these products have the tag fender related as you can see when you show products by tag http://promusicstore.nl/?product_tag=fender

If you wanted to exclude tags from providing results in search results, you could have used the shortcode like that:

[woocommerce_product_search tags="no"]

Summing it up, there is no bug related to that and the search results are correct. The plugin does provide the results including products that are tagged with the search word.

6. Cetto April 9, 2015 at 5:10 pm #

dear sirs,

we’ve activated your plugin on our website, but every search shows undefined as a results. Is there any setting to activate for the products?
    You can see the screenshot here https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbafkw0bitblhbl/Schermata%202015-04-09%20alle%2019.08.06.png?dl=0

Thanks

• kento April 9, 2015 at 5:25 pm #

Hi Cetto,

Please provide a link to the site to try it. Have you submitted a ticket on WooThemes for that?

7. Kristian April 27, 2015 at 8:43 pm #

How can i change the length of the search bar?

• antonio April 28, 2015 at 5:09 am #

Hi Kristian,
      you need to use css to change it. You need to change the container width.
      Regards,

8. Kristian April 28, 2015 at 6:14 pm #

is it possible to change language? I want to translate browse the list and update list

• antonio April 29, 2015 at 8:32 pm #

Hi Kristian,
      in the ‘languages’ folder in the plugin folder you have a .pot file to create your own translation file (you can use PoEdit to do it).
      Regards,

• C. Silviu August 26, 2015 at 5:38 pm #

Hi Antonio,

I made the translation in Romanian language with PoEdit and when I saved them, I got ro.mo and ro.po. I put them on ‘languages’ folder in the plugin folder but the strings are not translated. Can you tell me please what I did wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

C. Silviu

• antonio August 27, 2015 at 7:11 am #

Hi,
          you can try to rename them to ro_RO.po and ro_RO.mo
          Regards,

9. Brad April 29, 2015 at 11:37 am #

My search results page isn’t outputting the sidebar. Without the sidebar, I can’t filter the results. Any tips on this?

• kento May 9, 2015 at 5:44 pm #

Hi Brad,

You would probably need to change the template you are using on the page where your search results are presented.

10. Miguel Angel June 25, 2015 at 5:57 pm #

Hi,

I have installed the WooCommerce Product Search in my site and all works fine, but there is a small issue with the result page shown.

The result page used is the same than the one used as the main shop page, so the issue is that one slider and info should not be shown in the result page. This content has been put into the description textarea within the Edit Page using short codes.

I have the archive-product.php file open and do not know to avoid this.

I think I should use the is_search() function to check if page should renders on one way or another, but do not know what part of the code treat the info from the page description.

Any suggestion?

• kento June 29, 2015 at 10:20 am #

Hi,

I don’t quite see where this is related to WPS. If you wish to restrict content to be displayed on a certain page based on what page your are viewing, you could use widgets for that content and display them conditionally using Widgets Control or use conditional shortcodes, or based on what you explain, modify your page template to use blocks that conditionally render content. You can refer to the example given is_search to see how to show content using the function.

I hope that helps, if there’s anything particular about using WPS related to that, please let me know.

11. Chris August 26, 2015 at 7:43 am #

Hi there. I’m very interested in this plugin which look great! However since we run a bookstore we really need to be able to search custom fields (author or subtile for instance). Can this be achieved?

• kento August 28, 2015 at 7:17 am #

Hi Chris,

It’s not supported yet but thanks for suggesting the feature. Sounds like a good idea and I’ll look into it, can’t promise on an ETA though.

• Chris August 28, 2015 at 8:03 am #

Very cool. I hope that will work out for you 🙂

Another thing. Is it possible to search SKU? This is also important for us since we deal with books and isbn numbers.

• kento September 1, 2015 at 10:23 am #

Thanks 🙂

Yes it’s the same thing with SKU, certainly worth including but not supported in the current version.

• Sam February 29, 2016 at 10:05 pm #

Hello, Whats with the SKU search?
            I really wanna buy this plugin, however my store is a SKU based and i need the search by SKU
            Have you had a chance to add that?

• Kento March 1, 2016 at 7:37 pm #

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your vote on that feature, unfortunately it hasn’t been added yet …

• Bernard April 8, 2016 at 4:23 pm #

Hi Kento — two things:

1) please count me in for +1 on adding SKU based search as well

2) I am using the Mindig theme by YITH who have their own search function which I’d like to override. I believe I can do this using the API example, but how do I incorporate the options available as shortcodes?

• antonio April 11, 2016 at 8:35 am #

Hi Bernard,
                  1.- Thanks, we will consider it 😉
                  2.- Here you can see the attributes that the shortcode can use:

• Jayne April 18, 2016 at 12:06 pm #

Hello

Our Ecommerce site is also SKU based, do you know if this is being considered in next update?

Kind regards
                    Jayne

• antonio April 25, 2016 at 8:57 am #

Hi Jayne,
                      We are working on an update that includes this feature.
                      We hope to have it soon.
                      Thanks,

12. Chris September 1, 2015 at 11:58 am #

Very nice. I’ll be looking forward to the next improved super version!

13. Nauman Tanwir October 29, 2015 at 2:54 pm #

Hi,

This is a great plugin. Brilliant job.

I want to know, how do I disable its auto-complete feature?

I am eagerly looking to hear from you.

Thanks.

• antonio November 2, 2015 at 9:13 am #

Hi Nauman,
      sorry, you can not disable this feature. I do not know why you want to eliminate it, the ajax search is a very interesting feature for users.

14. Oleg December 1, 2015 at 1:19 am #

Hi! Good plugin.

What is a proper way to replace default Storefront header search field with this plugin?

Thanks.

• antonio December 2, 2015 at 9:28 am #

Hi Oleg,
      please have a look at the setup documentation page.

15. Chad Barnes February 5, 2016 at 4:31 pm #

When WordPress updated to 4.4.2, there appears to have arisen a conflict that prevents the filter from displaying properly when first opened. If I open the filter, close it, and then reopen it, the filter displays fine. Would you mind looking into it for me? I’ve attached the link below.

• Kento February 6, 2016 at 5:01 pm #

Hi Chad,

You have several notices related to a product filter plugin in your debug.log. I’d recommend you try deactivating all non-essential plugins first and test and then enable others to see if there is any conflict. We don’t have any known issues with the latest WordPress. Also make sure to check your PHP memory limit is sufficient to run all plugins needed.

16. Bernie Lalande March 2, 2016 at 7:50 am #

Hi Kento — the WooCommerce Product Search plugin is what I’ve been looking for.

I went through all my products and added tags to better control search results but it seems that the plugin pays no attention to the terms within tags, even when Title, Excerpt, and Content are set to 0 and Tags is set to 75.

Product updates override any customization I do to the Title, Excerpt, and the Content, so it’s important that I use the Tags.

Any help would be appreciated.

• antonio March 7, 2016 at 8:43 am #

Hi Bernie,
      if you are using the ‘WooCommerce Instant Product Search’ widget, please be sure you have selected ‘Search in tags’ option.

17. Neil Williams March 9, 2016 at 7:00 pm #

Hi,

we use your plugin on our commerce site and up until today it has been superb. But for some reason today when you enter a search term it doesn’t find products in the way it normally would, it just lists the latest products added to the store and if you press enter as you ordinarily would it sends you to the website homepage.

Any idea what’s causing this?

Thanks

Neil

• antonio March 9, 2016 at 7:49 pm #

HI Neil,
      please give us an url to have a look at this.
      Thanks,

• Neil Williams March 9, 2016 at 11:06 pm #

Hi Antonio, you can find the plug in at http://www.grapetree.co.uk/shop

The search box is in the right sidebar.

• antonio March 10, 2016 at 8:39 am #

Thanks Nell,
          But I can see the basket, the filter by price and a form, but not the search box.

18. Neil Williams March 10, 2016 at 9:21 am #

Hi Antonio,

I turned it off this morning as I wanted to minimise disruption for customers. I’ll turn it back on now. Can’t find the original comments in the thread so I’ve included the URL again http://www.grapetree.co.uk/shop

Neil

19. Neil Williams March 11, 2016 at 2:30 pm #

Hi,

is somebody going to be able to look into our issue please? We’ve been waiting for two days since your last response.

Thanks

Neil

• antonio March 13, 2016 at 7:30 pm #

Hi Neil,
      Sorry for the delay.
      Please send me an email when you activate the widget, or send me dashboard admin access to antonio at itthinx dot com indicating this conversation.

20. Christopher April 10, 2016 at 5:38 pm #

Hello,

I am trying to search based on a category but i get all the search results that have the keyword in title. So I get exactly the same results if i hit enter or filter with based on a category.

I get the correct results only if i remove the “&ixwps=1” from url.

• Kento April 11, 2016 at 8:59 am #

Hi Christopher,

That sounds normal though, especially if the searched keyword is in the title. If you get fewer results without the URL parameter added, it’s because the search does not include all relevant results that are provided through the plugin’s search. You could use the weights to modify your results.

21. Jacob May 10, 2016 at 6:19 am #

Hi Kento,

Do you know if there is a way to centre the instant search results?

Also, it looks a bit plain, is there a way to change the appearance a bit?

• antonio May 11, 2016 at 8:01 am #

Hi Jacob,
      please give us your website url. You can do it using css.

22. Luke May 25, 2016 at 10:54 am #

Hey Guys,

I thought you might want to look into this.

You seem to be looking for wp-load.php on the assumption it’s in the same place everytime, which causes issues when not using wordpress in a traditional setup I.E – bedrock.

Here they explain why

Would you guys have a quickfix solution to replace contents of /woocommerce-product-search/core/product-search.php ?

Cheers,
    Luke

• antonio May 26, 2016 at 5:34 am #

Hi Luke,
      Thanks for the info.
      It really is not a simple solution , but we’ll check for the next update.
      Sorry I can not give you time.

23. La Brige June 16, 2016 at 4:45 pm #

It seems WooCommerce Product Search version 1.4.3 is not compatible with the latest version of WooCommerce 2.6.0.

Do you have a plan for a bug fix soon?

La Brige

• antonio June 17, 2016 at 7:06 am #

Hi La Brige,
      I’m testing the plugin with the latest Woocommerce version (2.6.1), and they seem to work fine. Please say me what is exactly your problem and an url to test it.

24. Scott June 22, 2016 at 7:12 pm #

Hi there,

I can also confirm there is an issue with this plugin and the 2.6.1 woocommerce release.

When i updated to the latest version of woocommerce the search feature stops working and returns no results at all. As soon as i rolled back the woocommerce it worked perfectly again.

What is the best way for this to get solved ASAP?

Many thanks in advance.

• antonio June 23, 2016 at 4:53 am #

Hi Scott,
      I can not replicate this issue. If you send me dashboard admin access to antonio at itthinx dot com (indicating this conversation), I’ll have a look at your settings.

25. Steve June 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm #

How can I exclude a product category from the WooCommerce Product Search results?

• antonio July 1, 2016 at 9:31 am #

Hi Steve,
      Sorry, right now this feature is not available.

26. Darren June 30, 2016 at 3:11 pm #

I’m having the same issue. With the plugin activated the website and admin cannot find any products in a product search. When I deactivate the plugin the Admin product search works. There is an issue with the Plugin and the latest version of WooCommerce.

• antonio July 1, 2016 at 9:27 am #

Hi Darren,
      that should work fine. Maybe there is a conflict with another plugin. You can try to add the Debug Log plugin to see if there are conflicts.

• Darren July 1, 2016 at 12:51 pm #

I’ve done that and it seems to be outputting an error when you try and search. As mentioned, it works fine when I disable your Plugin. The log says:

98 [01-Jul-2016 12:49:28 UTC] WordPress database error Table ‘topteksc_wordpress.wp_woocommerce_termmeta’ doesn’t exist for query SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_posts.* , COALESCE(search_weight.meta_value, 0) + COALESCE(cat_max_weight.weight,0) as search_weight FROM wp_posts LEFT JOIN wp_postmeta search_weight ON (wp_posts.ID = search_weight.post_id AND search_weight.meta_key = ‘_search_weight’) LEFT JOIN (SELECT max(wt.meta_value) weight, tr.object_id object_id FROM wp_woocommerce_termmeta wt LEFT JOIN wp_term_taxonomy tt ON wt.woocommerce_term_id = tt.term_id LEFT JOIN wp_term_relationships tr ON tt.term_taxonomy_id = tr.term_taxonomy_id WHERE wt.meta_key = ‘_search_weight’ AND tt.taxonomy = ‘product_cat’ GROUP BY tr.object_id) cat_max_weight ON wp_posts.ID = cat_max_weight.object_id WHERE 1=1 AND ( (wp_posts.ID IN (25019)) OR ((wp_posts.post_title LIKE ‘%sony%’) OR (wp_posts.post_excerpt LIKE ‘%sony%’) OR (wp_posts.post_content LIKE ‘%sony%’))) AND wp_posts.post_type = ‘product’ AND (wp_posts.post_status = ‘publish’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘future’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘draft’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘pending’ OR wp_posts.post_status = ‘private’) ORDER BY search_weight DESC , wp_posts.post_title LIKE ‘%sony%’ DESC, wp_posts.post_date DESC LIMIT 0, 20 made by WP_Posts_List_Table->prepare_items, wp_edit_posts_query, wp, WP->main, WP->query_posts, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts

• Kento July 4, 2016 at 11:30 am #

Hi Darren,

You need to update the plugin to the latest version please.

• Darren July 5, 2016 at 3:52 pm #

Thanks Kento – it didn’t notify me that it needed updating so I missed that. I can see a new version came out June 24th now I’ve searched on WooThemes. I’ll do that.

27. Ronan July 21, 2016 at 6:27 pm #

I have a lot of products with apostrophes (i.e these guys – ‘) in the product title. Will those products be searchable using this plugin as I have tried other search plugins and they returned no results when searching products with apostrophe’s in the title. Thanks

• antonio July 28, 2016 at 4:46 am #

Hi Ronan,
      please download the latest version, this should work fine.

28. Len July 22, 2016 at 7:54 am #

Hi there,

Great plug-in, but i’m afraid it doesn’t work well with other plug-ins. For instance we use a plug-in to only make a part of the catalog visible to certain user roles. This works great with the default WooCommerce search, but when you enable your plug-in the results are visible again.

Doesn’t it check if a product is supposed to be hidden?

Thanks

• antonio July 28, 2016 at 4:43 am #

Hi Len,
      probably both plugins are not compatible. Exactly which is the plugin?

29. Neil Williams July 28, 2016 at 8:40 am #

Hi,

is there anyway to have the plugin show the nearest product when someone makes a spelling error? I’m seeing customers being one letter out and the searches come back blank which seems something of a waste.

Thanks a lot

Neil

• antonio July 31, 2016 at 6:22 pm #

Hi Nell,
      It could be a very interesting feature, but currently does not exist.
      Thanks for the suggestion.

30. Ozy December 8, 2016 at 8:28 pm #

Hi, does this plugin actually searches tags that are entered for each listed product in woocommerce?

Because like how in WordPress blog posts cannot be searched via tags – this is the same in WooCommerce.

Any thoughts? We need to buy a plugin that can really searches product via their tags that are used for each product in WooCommerce.

thanks,

Ozy

• Kento December 9, 2016 at 7:00 am #

Hi Ozy,

Yes it allows you to search for tags on products. You can find more details in the Documentation.

31. Aart Jan Klok December 30, 2016 at 1:08 pm #

Hello

We enjoy the product search for woocommerce for a year now. thanks for that.
    we use the woocommerce brands extension and would be really happy if it would be possible to show brands in the search results like categories are visible. is that possible (in the future)?

thanks a lot
    Aart Jan Klok
    Sailspecials.nl

• Kento January 23, 2017 at 3:01 pm #

Hi Aart,

Many thanks for using the plugin and for the suggestion. I think it would be interesting to extend it so that any taxonomy like the brands you mention could be shown along with the categories, at least as an option. It’s more complicated to implement than it sounds though so I can’t promise on an ETA for such a feature yet but we’ll certainly take it into account.

32. Tim Rosenthal January 16, 2017 at 4:33 pm #

update 1.8 crashed my site and version 1.7.1 has the no matches all results issue – what should we do??

• Tim Rosenthal January 16, 2017 at 4:36 pm #

Here is the error message:
      Can’t use method return value in write context in /var/www/alpha.safetyworks.com/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-product-search/core/class-woocommerce-product-search-service.php on line 165

• Kento January 16, 2017 at 8:16 pm #

Ok thanks for the additional info, I’ll have a look at that and see if we need to issue an update to fix it.

• Kento January 19, 2017 at 4:00 pm #

Again thanks for reporting this issue, it’s been fixed in version 1.8.1 which is about to be released.

• Tim Rosenthal January 19, 2017 at 4:50 pm #

Great, thanks!

• Kento January 16, 2017 at 8:12 pm #

Hi Tim,

Please provide details on what exactly happened when you tried to use the new version. For that, please first enable debugging and then have a look at your site’s debug.log – if there’s anything related to the plugin, please forward it to support at itthinx dot com and make sure to include a link to this conversation.

Cheers,
      Kento

33. Yourbudweiser February 15, 2017 at 10:03 pm #

I like the simplicity and it is easy to style. However, without the ability to search by SKU, I cannot use this plugin. I see that you were working on it 10 months ago but apparently it is not yet available.

• antonio February 17, 2017 at 10:53 am #

Hi Yourbudweiser,
      This option is yet available on the widget. You have an option to select if you want to include the sku as search term ( http://i68.tinypic.com/a32eqa.png )
      We need to update the screenshots.

34. Rafael April 6, 2017 at 8:59 am #

Hello,

I am running into problems with my site with this plug in installed. (seems to be part of typewatch as the problem)

When I deactivate it, the entire site stops displaying.

Can anyone help?

• antonio April 10, 2017 at 8:18 am #

Hi Rafael,
      Maybe there is a conflict with another plugin, a javascript error, or another reason.
      You could try to enable the WordPress debug, editing the wp-config.php and replacing the following line
      define('WP_DEBUG', false );
      with these lines
      define('WP_DEBUG', true );
      define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
      define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Then try to generate the problem. If errors exist then a file named debug.log under wp-content folder will be created.
      kind Regards,

35. Jens May 31, 2017 at 1:07 pm #

Hello,
    I want to change the woocommerce product search for include custom fields. I change the posts_join and the posts_where Statements.
    This is working very well.

Will it work with the woocommerce-product-search-plugin too? Will the plugin use the new search results?

best regards, Jens

• Kento June 1, 2017 at 9:54 am #

Hi Jens,

That depends, we would have to try it. Can you share your code?

36. Xavier June 2, 2017 at 5:28 pm #

Hi,

I need delete &ixwps from my url, example: http://www.rumboedu.com/?s=metalurgica&post_type=product&tags=1&ixwps=1

You can help me?

Regards.

• antonio June 13, 2017 at 9:15 am #

Hi Xavier,
      This param is used by the plugin for detectif you are searching throw our widget.
      Why do you want to delete it?

37. krishna July 10, 2017 at 9:03 am #

Hi,
    How can I display results based on search keyword weigh? for example, if 1st product have 90, 2nd have 100 and 3rd have 40 then I want results in 2nd, 1st and 3rd order.
    Also, How can I exclude category?

• Kento July 30, 2017 at 9:37 pm #

Hi,
      The results would come up in the order based on the computed sum of weights, please have a look at the Search Weights section in the documentation for details. At the moment you can exclude products from search results using WooCommerce standard settings (check the Catalog Visibility option), but excluding a whole category would require a customized filter I’d assume.

38. Tomas July 25, 2017 at 9:15 pm #

Hi, I bought your extension but I really don’t know how replace common Search field in Storefront template. I did not find any tutorial for this template. Could you help me? Suppoprt of Woocommerce can not help me with this issue.

Thank you.

• antonio July 26, 2017 at 4:16 pm #

Hi Tomas,
      You can use the product API code.In this theme, the search form is generated in the storefront/inc/woocommmerce/storefront-woocommerce-template-functions.php in the storefront_product_search function.

• Tomas October 25, 2017 at 8:47 pm #

Great plugin, but terrible implementation to default search in Storefront template header. Instead Powerpack not useful in this case 🙁

• Kento November 15, 2017 at 4:16 pm #

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your feedback on that, it would be great to have an option that automaticallly does that and I’ll look into it. Meanwhile I’ve also updated the documentation to show how you can do this easily with Storefront and child themes on the API documentation page.

39. Nico Härkönen September 18, 2017 at 7:50 am #

Hi,

the plugins seems not to be working properly on Safari. Newest version. WP newest version. WC newest version.

When you search, the plugins shows the results, but the links aren’t clickable.

I can send you the system report by email, if needed.

– Nico

• Kento September 18, 2017 at 5:08 pm #

Hi Nico,

Can you please post a link to the page where you see this happening? It is probably related to your theme, we don’t see any issues in general for what you describe. Also please send temporary admin credentials to support at itthinx dot com in case we need to have a look at your settings.

40. Christopher October 6, 2017 at 6:12 pm #

I have SKUs with non-latin characters. Does this plugin work with non-latin characters?

• Kento October 10, 2017 at 9:52 am #

Yes although you might not be able to use the full-text search features.

• Christopher October 10, 2017 at 10:47 am #

I tried the following SKU “Π-121” (Greek) but I don’t get the right product: https://fithealth.gr/product/podilato-gymnastikis-pegasus-capri-al-435b/ Everything else is working fine the only issue is when there are Greek characters on SKU.

• Christopher October 26, 2017 at 9:50 am #

I don’t get the correct results when I am searching products with Greek characters on SKUs.

• Kento November 10, 2017 at 10:38 am #

Hi Christopher, sorry I just got to see your comments – please forward a support request with your site details through WooThemes support or contact us directly at support at itthinx dot com indicating your site URL and system report as well as temporary admin and FTP credentials.

41. jfpepin October 19, 2017 at 1:21 pm #

Hi, the plugin works well, but we recently had problems with our last added products. For example, if you search for “Open your head” or “For Yen” in shop, those products won’t show in search results : https://www.productionsdoz.com/en/shop/. I cleared site caches, but it did’t make any difference. Those someone have an idea of what might be the problem?

• Kento October 20, 2017 at 9:13 am #

Hi,

I would recommend to update the WooCommerce Product Search plugin – you’re running WooCommerce Product Search 1.8.1 while the latest version is 1.10.3. With WooCommerce 3.2.1 on your site you should update as there were compatibility modifications.

• Jean-François October 26, 2017 at 3:52 pm #

Hi Kento,

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems like the plugin can’t be updated. It’s colored in blue at 1.8.1 version, like all my up-to-date plugins, in plugins dashboard. Do I have to download a new version and manually upload it in /plugins folder?

Thanks

• Kento November 4, 2017 at 12:21 pm #

That’s odd, you should be able to upgrade it automatically. As an alternative you can download the latest version from the Downloads section, remove the previous version and install the latest one.

42. Sandy October 27, 2017 at 7:36 am #

Hi,

Is it possible to search by SKU, if using the shortcode in custom post type?

Thanks,

• Kento November 1, 2017 at 12:53 pm #

Hi Sandy,

You can use the shortcode anywhere, also on a custom post type. And it does support to search by SKU also in that case. Thanks for asking!

43. Christopher November 10, 2017 at 7:44 am #

I have sent two times before using the reply button but my comments never approved. My issue is when I use Greek characters on SKUs. When I search for these SKUs the results are not the expected.

• Kento November 10, 2017 at 10:42 am #

Ok thanks Christopher, I’ve replied to your earlier comment just now but I’ll also check within our plugin. If you’d like to forward these credentials it might help.

• Sandy November 13, 2017 at 3:51 am #

Thank you!

44. Kristie Greene November 19, 2017 at 6:36 pm #

Hi,

We purchased this plugin for a client website – we want the search to redirect to a page that lists all of the results in a grid form when you enter a keyword/product code (just like the demo site does) but when we enter a keyword and hit enter, it seems to have an error or something and just loops back to the search page with a blank search box (the search box is on the Store and NEW Store pages on the site). The only reason we bought the plugin is for the ability to redirect to that search results page – please help (the website is due for delivery tomorrow on an extended deadline!)

• Kento November 19, 2017 at 11:54 pm #

Hi Kristie,

What you describe could be due to a conflict or a misconfiguration. Please submit a support ticket through https://woocommerce.com/my-account/tickets/ and make sure to include the site’s URL and temporary admin and FTP access so we can check it.

• Kristie November 20, 2017 at 1:21 am #

Thank you Kento! I will take care of that as soon as I can.

• Kento November 20, 2017 at 9:23 am #

Thanks Kristie, received and checking.

45. iMedia November 20, 2017 at 2:16 am #

Hi
    I would like to know why the product images are not showing up on the product drop down search.
    Also do you still support latest up to date woo commerce.

• antonio November 20, 2017 at 3:33 pm #

Hi iMedia,
      I’m testing the plugin with the last Woocommerce version, and it seems to work fine.
      Please check if you have installed the last our plugin version ( 1.10.3 )
      Also you can check if you have selected the ‘Show product thumbnails’ option in the widget.